Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Own and drive product vision, strategy, roadmap and communications for Stratoscale products
• Identify and capture key requirements by working closely with Stratoscale’s customers and partners.
• Serve as an expert in Cloud Computing and Virtualization to help customers design solutions to solve their business needs
• Anticipate customers’ needs and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
• Collaborate with engineering and architecture teams to specify features, prioritize enhancements, and refine requirements.
• Work with marketing and sales to educate and train the field, partners, customers
• Support sales effort by providing product thought leadership and maintaining customer relationships
• Communicate and evangelize strategy to senior management, leadership teams and internal stakeholders
• Communicate the roadmap for your technology areas to end customers and channel partners
• Represent Stratoscale at industry events and in key meetings with customers and business partners
• Understand the overall Cloud and virtualization market including emerging new technologies
• Be able to assess new technologies through hands on experimentation
• Up to 25% travel is required
• 3-5 years of experience product management processes and proven track record of managing an entire product lifecycle
• Hands on experience in datacenter operations as an architect, devops engineer or system administrator
• Demonstrated hands on experience installing and running enterprise software on Linux
• Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
o Hypervisor technologies such as KVM, ESXi, XenServer and others
o Containerization technologies such as and Docker, LXC, Kubernetes
o Deep understanding of and experience with Linux
• Demonstrated experience of generating product concepts that create significant value;
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional groups and drive decision making
• Demonstrated understanding and implementation of cloud architectures and products.
• Highly analytical, experience in analyzing data hands-on and using analytic software
• Familiarity with cloud-scale, compute resource management and approaches to deliver maximum application availability
• Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• A mastery of effective communication with internal and external audiences
• Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with an intellectual curiosity and drive
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience