We are looking for a Big Data Developer
- Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years or more of development experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience of software development (UNIX scripting, Perl or Python, Java/Scala).
- Intermediate SQL and Unix skills
- Understanding of Teradata (for porting of queries to Hadoop and testing data set between Hadoop and Teradata)
- Experience working with Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, SPARK, or any open source data ingestion tools (Flume, Kafka etc.)
- Experience of developing software on the Linux platform (scripting, strong understanding of architecture)
- Strong work ethic and solutions oriented
- Hands-on Expertise with Hive, Sqoop, Spark, HDFS and MapReduce programming.
- Working knowledge of Java framework.
- General knowledge of performance tuning and process mutli-threading.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills